[aggressively sings the only English part of the song]
Concert DO’S AND DON’TS
With LOE coming around especially, this is important:
For anyone who hasn’t been to either a kpop concert or a concert in general, please read this. This will help make your experience so much better because then you will know what to expect.
1. Lining up: If your concert is a ‘standing’ venue, that means that it’s no assigned seating, and you want a good spot, so get to the venue early to get in line. You don’t have to do day before, but most people go as early as possible. If it’s a seating venue, it doesn’t really matter when you arrive, unless there is merch available and you want to get some.
2. Keep hydrated and fed: Even though there are those that go hours, even days before to lining up for concerts, it is VERY important to keep yourself hydrated and fed. This is easily done if you have friends with you, so you can hold your place in line while they do food runs or bathroom runs.
3. Try and make friends: These people are in line are all here for the same band you like, so hey, make friends! it’s amazing the people you can meet. But please, even if someone has an opinion different from yours, don’t fight. Kindly tell them you disagree and move on. We are all entitled to opinions as long as they are nice ones, but don’t pick fights because you will be beside these people for a few hours (if you’re waiting that long)
4. Getting to the front: You’ll know when the doors open for the concert because everyone will stand up if they were sitting and get really excited. Don’t be surprised if it starts late, because this happens often. Just don’t push and make sure you keep with friends at all times, or chose a designated spot to meet up at after the concert in case you get separated.
5. Merch: If there is merch available, you will usually have to chose between it and getting ‘rail’ - the term for front row in standing venues. I would advise always bringing cash, because not all vendors carry debit or credit machines. It also makes the exchange easier. (I usually bring about $100, cuz band merch is expensive- $30-60 for hoodies, albums are $15-30 and so on, depending on the band)
6. Storage: For the reason above, make sure you have somewhere to either put your stuff, such as a backpack or bag, or you dont mind being stationary for the concert. Be advised that it is likely to get squished, so pack lightly and don’t bring low slinging purses. Venues may ask to search your bag upon entering, and will make you throw out any food or drinks even if its a bottle of water, so make sure to throw it out before hand.
7. CROWD CONTROL: I am going to tell you this right now. If you are below 5’6 or claustrophobic/have issues with people touching you, DO NOT GO TO THE FRONT. It sounds nice to be able to go to front row to see your idols, but YOU WILL BE CRUSHED. As someone whose been to over 10+ concerts I can tell you it is guaranteed that once the concert starts the crowd will surge closer and most people will find it hard to breathe. This is unavoidable. However, if you go further back this surge leaves nice pockets of space where you can sometimes see even better and you can breathe your own air.
8. CROWD CONTROL ii: Please don’t push if you can avoid it, and BE COUNCIOUS OF YOURSELF. I know you want to rock out and have a good time, but you don’t have to be so wild that the people around you get hurt. As well, think of the people around you even before you go - dont wear clothing that could injure someone
unless its a rock concertand if you have long hair, tie it back. It’s possible it can get ripped out otherwise. Wear clothes that can be removed easily, because it will get VERY hot in there (hoodies you can tie around your waist are good). As well, don’t flail with items in your hand because there ARE people behind you.
9. CROWD CONTROL iii: THIS IS ONE OF MY BIGGEST PET PEEVES - Please do not try and film the entire concert on your phone or tablet or camera if they allow cameras at the venue. My last concert experience was absolutely horrible because I was stuck behind several people filming the majority of the concert. Please be courteous and remember that even if you don’t capture it, someone else will, and there ARE people behind you that want to see as well.
10. Concert experience: I think it’s important to say that bands/groups absolutely LOVE when you sing along with them and look like you’re having a good time (NOT MOSHING OR PUSHING THOUGH.) Even if its not a language you speak, you can still try and sing along, because it will be so loud they wont hear you individually anyway, but the group. And it will make them feel so, so special they will try and come see you again!
11. Listen to the songs: It’s nice to sing along, but remember that if its a slow song, its much more respectful to quietly sing/listen. Don’t scream and shout during a ballad, because it just makes you look crazy/immature. Save it for the high energy songs, because most bands end with them.
12. Gifts: Especially for visting bands, I know people love to throw gifts on stage. Please be careful not to hit the members, and remember that even if it is the cutest plushie in the world it is unlikely they will take them home, because space is likely limited with all the baggage they have to fly home with. So keep them small.
13. Encore: After the set, don’t leave immediately. If the crowd was good and they feel like it, most bands will do an encore. Keep chanting and making noise, and they’ll probably come out for more.
14. Post Concert: After the concert ends, you can meet up with your friends and go for something to eat/drink, because you’ll probably be starving/thirsty/a little deaf. If you want to say goodbye to the band as they are leaving, that’s fine, but please, PLEASE don’t follow them. It doesn’t matter what part of the world they are from, stalking is stalking and in most places it is illegal.
I think that’s about it, if there’s anything I’ve missed and you’re curious about, hit me up!
Hi guys, I dont know whether you guys knew about this or not. But this morning, MAS flight from Malaysia to Beijing carrying 239 passengers went missing. Please pray for their safety.